In order to support you, our patients, we must adhere to strict guidelines provided by the province and our regulatory bodies. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we navigate together our “new normal”.
We kindly request that you review our Covid-19 Clinic Procedures prior to your visit.
One day life will return to normal, for now we must follow these procedures to our best capabilities. The staff at Aurora Massage & Chiropractic Wellness Centre appreciates all our clients and thanks you from the bottom of our hearts for all your support over the years!!
We consider you all our family and wish nothing but the best for each of you. Everything in life does pass, this pandemic will pass, life will resume again.
All of us here at
Aurora Massage & Chiropractic Wellness Centre
In order to meet our commitment to patient safety, we have changed our booking procedures to include prescreening questions. We are asking patients to help us maintain a healthy and safe environment in our clinic by answering pre-screening questions to the best of your ability and follow new procedures in the clinic where required. Clinic staff will collect screening information at time of booking and again in person at the time of appointment. The screening questions will apply to those that accompany patients as well ie. parents, care-givers, etc. The pre-screening questions will be available through our website, email reminders, phoned appointments, and posted on our clinic door and at the front reception desk. You may also wish to perform a COVID-19 self-assessment by clicking on the following link; https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
Arrival: We ask that you arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. The purpose is to adhere to the gathering size guidelines, which applies to practitioners, patients and guardians. We will do our best to stick to your appointment start times/length as we will need the time between appointments to complete required sanitization protocols.
- If you are early, that’s fine, your comfort is important, so you may wait in the clinic (space permitting), you may call us from in your car to let us know you’re here or wait outside (weather permitting).
- Waiting Room: The clinic chairs are set up for social distancing measures.
- Social Distancing: There will be visible floor markers to indicate where one should stand if multiple patrons are at the front desk. We ask you to fill one of the empty floor markers if required to wait.
- Masks: We require that you bring a mask to wear in the clinic. Masks must be worn properly. If you forget to bring a mask one may be available to purchase for a $2 fee.
- Gloves: Please do not bring gloves, we will ask you to remove them upon entry. Gloves are a false sense of security and does not replace hand washing.
- Hand sanitation: Upon entering the clinic, a hand sanitizing station will be present in the waiting room. We ask that you sanitize your hands upon to entry to the premise. Once sanitized, patients may have multiple services to attend, you will be directed, by our staff or your therapist to your appointment room.
- Restroom use: The washroom will be available. For those of you that reside close to our clinic, we would appreciate you use the washroom facilities at your home before attending. For others that travel a distance we can accommodate you. We are required to sanitize the washroom after each use. If the facility must be used, upon exiting, you must re-sanitize your hands, prior to entry of any treatment room.
- After your treatment: Upon completion of your appointment you will be asked to open the door once you are dressed and wait inside your treatment room until your therapist returns who will then direct you to our front desk staff to pay and rebook your future appointments. There will be visible floor markers to indicate where one should stand if multiple patrons are at the front desk. We ask you to fill one of the empty floor markers if required to wait.
- Payment: Whenever possible please use tap when paying for services. Your receipts will now be emailed, printed copies will not be provided to support minimizing of contact wherever possible.
GENERAL COVID-19 CLINIC SAFETY MEASURES
AMCWC wants to reassure all patients that our clinic is a safe environment for all to attend. Under the direction of all Regulatory Associations, Public Health, and Chief Medical Officer, guidelines have been drafted to ensure the public’s safety. The safety of you, your family members and our staff is our number one priority. Our booking procedures are modified to maintain physical distancing requirements that take priority over occupancy limits. Members of the public must adhere to the 2-meter distance rule, we have ensured this in our facility.
We have also acquired all the necessary PPE essential in protecting and preventing the spread of COVID19. All sanitization products follow the Health Canada guidelines from hand sanitizers, hand wipes, and disinfecting products.
The frequency of cleaning and disinfection is dependent on the nature of use/contact of the surface/item in question. Our clinic disinfects all patient contact items between each patient use. Examples are but not limited to treatment tables, Massage tables, Physiotherapy tables, Chiropractic tables, headrests, arm rests, chairs, laser machines, all equipment, contact surfaces, exercise equipment, therapeutic tools, devices, diagnostic tools, procedural work surfaces, commonly touched areas, light switches, door handles, taps, toilets, handrails, counter tops, touch screens/mobile devices, keyboards, payment machine, clipboards, pens, towels, etc. We have eliminated all books, magazines, toys, remote controls, literature, brochures, paper receipts, self-serve candy dishes and other open unsealed consumables are not permitted.
We will still have our 24-hour cancellation policy in place with leniency toward illness related circumstances. We will not charge anyone for a missed appointment who suddenly comes down with symptoms of an illness or a member of the family that requires immediate attention.